We are restless wanderers, taking elongated orbits around the Sun. Our orbits may take us very far away, but some day, we will return! I can be described as a dirty snowball because I’m made mostly of frozen water and dust. Some scientists believe that comets are responsible for bringing some water and organic molecules to Earth’s surface at the beginning of the Solar System.
My most distinctive characteristic is my “coma” or tail sweeping out behind me as I travel through space. This tail is a result of passing close to the Sun, evaporating my ice into water and releasing dust. We comets orbit the Sun, but in elongated elliptical orbits, not circular ones, sending us far out into space, but always to come back, years, centuries or even millennia later. Some of my most famous cousins are named after the astronomers who discovered them, like Halley's Comet, Comet Hale-Bopp and Comet Kohoutek.
- Height of toy seated is approximately 4 inches
- All New Materials
- Content: Polyester Fiber
- Conforms to all EU and US Consumer Product Safety Commission Toy Regulations
- Made in the USA of imported materials
- Rated "0+" . . . Appropriate for children of all ages
- Care. Spot clean with mild detergent and cold water, but toy may be machine washed in cold water, gentle cycle, if needed. Best to dry at low or no heat in a pillow case or similar to reduce risk of scratching the toy's "eyes."