Chicaoji Sauce uniquely features a blend of goji berries and cacao with smoky chipotles. Its complex flavor combines with a great diversity of foods as a condiment and as an ingredient in recipes. The mildly spicy heat level complements rather than dominates the flavor of food. Chicaoji deliciously weaves together sweet, sour, salt, bitter, savory and spicy.
Chicaoji touches the entire palate. It goes with dang near anything and makes just about any kind of food taste better.
- The complex sweet and tart of the goji berries balances with the rich chocolate-ty bitterness of the cacao.
- Agave nectar’s sweetness balances apple cider vinegar’s tartness.
- The complex ﬂavor of Celtic Sea Salt weaves all the ﬂavors together.
- The smoky chipotles provide a “medium” heat level of spiciness, accenting rather than dominating the complex flavor. People who “don’t like spicy food” often enjoy Chicaoji’s heat level.
Chicaoji is made with GMO-free, gluten-free and certified organic ingredients. It contains no artificial colors, flavorings, preservatives or additives of any kind.
A brief description:
- Goji berries are little red fruits used for many centuries in Chinese medicine, very high in vitamins and antioxidants with a sweet, tart, and slightly bitter flavor; a “Superfood” commonly used in health beverages, trail mixes, and really yummy chocolates.
- Cacao Nibs is the seed used to make all chocolates. Raw cacao has a very complex, somewhat bitter flavor and smooth texture. Cacao is naturally higher in antioxidants than most foods.
- Chipotle Chiles are smoked jalapeños used for their deliciously complex flavor and spicy heat. The smoking process enhances and preserves flavors lost in dried chilies. Many who “don’t like spicy” foods like Chicaoji.
- Apple Cider Vinegar provides delicious nourishment.
- Agave Nectar provides natural sweetness with a low glycemic index; made from the juice of the agave plant.
- Maple Syrup is another natural sweetener that some folks prefer over agave. Maple syrup production is a fairly low impact sustainable source of good food.
- Celtic Sea Salt® is whole salt from a pristine coastal region of France containing a natural balance of minerals and trace elements that help create electrolytes. It is hand harvested and dried by the wind and sun. Celtic Sea Salt is recommended by health professionals and culinary chefs.
Lopez Island, Washington.
No, Chicaoji is certified shelf stable before and after opening.